If you enjoy creating candles from the most natural ingredients possible, the best hemp wick for the money is a hard selection to make.
Likewise, if you use hemp wick for smoking medicinal herbs or tobacco and other DIY projects, the same is true.
With so many products on the market, especially with the recent boom in the North American hemp industry, the best hemp wick for the money is next to impossible to track down without first doing your homework.
So, what exactly is it that makes one hemp wick more worthy of your hard earned money than the next?
Important Features to Consider
Before coming to any purchasing decision, it’s vital to become as well informed as possible about the item you’re considering to buy. That said, we’ve highlighted several of the essential features to keep in mind when shopping for the best hemp wick for the money below.
Quality of material
Hemp wicking, as the name suggests, consists mainly of hemp. However, many hemp wick products contain other materials as well. Beeswax and other natural products are among the most popular additives to hemp wicking. The quality of said materials makes a world of difference in the overall quality of the hemp wicking.
When it comes to eco-friendly products, they don’t get much more significant than hemp and its many byproducts. Hemp wicking, depending on the brand and their overall manufacturing procedures, may be as much as 100 percent organic. Likewise, hemp wicking may contain curing or sealing agents that may be harmful.
Hemp is an incredibly diverse material by its very nature. Wicking made of hemp is no exception to this diverse nature. The best hemp wick is used for making candles, smoking, creating jewelry, and much more.
The burn time is one of the most crucial aspects to consider before purchasing a hemp wick. Especially if you’re making candles, the burn time affects the overall value and usability of your final product as much or more so than almost any other factor.
How We Reviewed
To bring you the most accurate list regarding the best hemp wick for the money we reviewed dozens of hemp wick brands and individual products. We also looked at the major manufacturers, the most significant retailers like Amazon and eBay, as well as many customer reviews.
There are tons of hemp wicks to choose from online, so picking the perfect one is quite the challenge. That said, armed with the knowledge of all the most critical features from the section above, as well as our top recommendations below, the task of selecting the best hemp wick for the money should be much easier.
Top Best Hemp Wicks for the Money
After our in-depth research and review session, we successfully rounded up the top seven best hemp wicks for the money. We compared each item we looked at concerning key features, advantages, disadvantages, warranties, overall versatility, and more.
Here’s what our list of choices for the best hemp wick for the money (in no specific order):
Twisted Bee 100% Organic Hemp Wick
- 100% ORGANIC HEMP WICK - BEESWAX COATED. Undyed premium organic hemp beeswaxed twine.
- NATURAL ALTERNATIVE TO BUTANE LIGHTERS. Smooth and natural burn.
- SLOW BURNING, NO DRIPPING. Holds a lower temperature flame.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE and outstanding customer service for no-risk purchasing.
- 200ft of Standard (~1.0mm), Premium Organic Beeswax Coated Rolled Hemp Twine. Ideal for making tea lights, votives, tapers and other similar candles
The first item on our list is the Twisted Bee 100 percent Organic Hemp Wick. The product is available in several lengths; this particular purchase is 200 ft of beeswax coated standard 1 mm hemp wicking.
Also, It holds a lower temperature, which is great for candles, and it burns much slower than competitor products. There is no going wrong with this wick for smoking, lighting candles, or DIY projects like making hand-dipped candles.
Here are some features with this wick:
Bee Wick All Natural Hemp Wick
- Made with 100% organic hemp and American beeswax
- Bee Wick Hemp is made by hand in the USA
- Extra waxy or less waxy available upon request! Message us before ordering!
- Free returns, 100% satisfaction guaranteed, no questions asked!
- Lower temperature flame for smoother and more natural experience
Another excellent selection is this Bee Wick product of 100 percent organic hemp wicking. Made right here in the USA and coated in real beeswax. The product lasts up to several months.
This spool of organic wicking is extra useful as it’s available with lighter and heavier wax coatings as desired. All you have to do is send a message to the manufacturer before placing an order for a custom batch.
Some of the most important features of this product are:
Bee Line Organic Hemp Wick
Bee Line Organic Hemp Wick is another excellent 200 ft spool of 100 percent eco-friendly materials. The product burns smoothly and slowly, relying on ancient yet highly reliable all-natural materials, such as hemp and beeswax.
The best practical use for these particular wicks isn’t for candle-wicking. However, they are replacements for lighters and matches which run on resources such as butane, gas, and sulfur. Plus, these wicks are most useful in lighting medicinal herbs, hand-rolled cigarettes, and pipes.
A few of the major benefits of this wick include:
HempBees Hemp Wick
As far as hemp wicks for lighting smokes are concerned, HempBees Hemp Wick is one of the best on the market. This particular product comes with a 100ft spool coated and saturated in 100 percent natural beeswax.
Amazon customers highly recommend it for lighting tobacco pipes, rolled cigarettes, cigars, and herbs. Zero pesticides get used in HempBees hemp products. Even more, the hemp is not from GMO stock.
The product's main features to consider are:
Humboldt Organic Hemp Wick
- Lower Temperature Flame for Smoother and Better Taste Than a Butane Lighter
- Handmade in Humboldt County, California
- Taste the Difference!
- Thanks For Making Us The #1 Hemp Wick Brand!
- Ships Next Business Day
Another of the best organic alternatives to lighters and matches, when it comes to light tobacco and accessories, is the Humboldt Hemp Wick. It consists of local California-grown hemp and wax from beehives owned and operated by the company manufacturers themselves.
Humboldt's is not an inexpensive product made in China, and it’s produced smack-dab in the Emerald Triangle of California.
This hemp wick includes the following features:
Connoisseur Hemp Wick
- All-Natural Hemp Wick Raw - This 1.0mm thick hemp wick refill is coated in organic beeswax and produce a long, slow burn perfect for home or professional use.
- Multipurpose Versatility - Each 800' hemp wick dispenser spool is perfect for DIY candle stick making, votives, tea lights, tobacco pipes, gift bags, or arts and crafts.
- Slow, Long-Lasting Burn - Offering a slower burn and more natural flickering flame, we offer the best hemp wick because there's no ash trails or excessive wax drips.
- Long, Bulk Order Spool - Every spool comes with a total of 800' of organic hemp wick, which when used and burned normally can last approximately an entire year.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed - Connoisseur's Hemp Wick is backed by superior customer service and craftsmanship. Contact us with any issues and we'll make it right.
The Connoisseur Hemp Wick is one of the most versatile wicks that we found during our research about the best hemp wick for the money. It’s great for everything from candle-wicking, to DIY projects, smoking, and anything else that requires some hemp wick.
Even more, the product contains an enormous 800ft of the wick, offering more for your money in this aspect as well.
Some of the most significant features of this wick are:
23 Bees Organic Hemp Wick
- Stop inhaling chemicals released from "mysterious" candle wicks. Now, you don't have to:
- 100% Organic Hemp Wick - Beeswax Coated. Undyed premium organic hemp beeswaxed twine.
- Perfect for making container, pillar and other similar candles. Slow Burning. No Dripping. Low to No Smoke. Holds a lower temperature flame.
- 200ft of Thick Gauge (~2.0mm) Premium Organic Beeswax Coated Rolled Hemp Twine
- 200pcs Wick Sustainer Tabs, Diameter 16mm, Wick Hole 2.5mm, Neck Height 7mm
Last on our list is another favorite product: the 23 Bees Organic Hemp Wick. These wicks are designed for a superior experience while partaking in tobacco, accessories, and medicinal herbs. It contains no additives or pesticides.
The final product is coated with all natural beeswax as well and gives off nearly zero smoke. The product is hand-rolled with exceptional skill, and it shows.
Here are a handful of the most beneficial features of this product:
Best Hemp Wick for the Money: Last Word
The Connoisseur Hemp Wick spool is one of the best hemp wicks for the money. It has a 5.0 out of 5 stars from eBay customer reviews as well as the previously stated 4.4 out of 5 stars by Amazon customers, for a reason.
Not only is it 100 percent organic, but it’s also coated in beeswax, burns slowly and keeps a low temp, and works well for nearly any purpose. These are a few of the most significant factors that help set it apart from other hemp wicks.
Do you have first-hand experience with any of the products on our list, or maybe some we didn’t mention? What do you think is the best hemp wick for the money? Let us know what you think about it in the comments section below!
Whatever your intentions for purchasing the best hemp wick for the money; good-luck and enjoy!